Getting the job done in as easy and simple a manner as possible.
Sharepoint Designer Workflow: An item with the same key has already been added.
August 12, 2011Posted by on
That’s the annoying message I got after activating the workflow feature and then trying to edit the workflow in SharePoint Designer.
The exact steps were as follows:
- Create a Reusable SharePoint Designer Workflow.
- Save it to the Site Assets library.
- Install it to the farm as a Farm Solution.
- Change your mind over lunch.
- Delete the web application you designed the workflow in.
- Recreate the web application, site and web.
- Install the solution to the site as a User Solution.
- Activate the feature in the web.
- Open the solution in Sharepoint Designer.
- Suffer the error.
SharePoint 2010 FetchlegalWorkflowActions SOAP exception: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
To resolve this just undeploy and remove the Farm solution! See this post for someone else who discovered this: